Question

mamajnice

COSTCO AMEX to CITI VISTA - Credit Score drop!
Costco just switched over from AMEX to CITI Visa and it hugely affected my credit score since it was my only credit card. In the remarks it states "closed for transfer', however, it doesn't show CITI Visa on my report yet. I've also had the AMEX card since March 2011. Any advice on what I should do to get my score back up? Who should I contact? I'm stressing out because I'm in the process of buying a new house and this is concerning. HELP!!!

Most Helpful Response

If that AMEX card was the only one you had and you had no other credit accounts in your history, you just might not be getting the house because you have to have a decent credit score to get a house, and you generally do not have that with just one card.  Please read the articles on this site so you can get a much needed credit education.