Question

LindleyBell

cosigning and credit
Can cosigning an auto lease affect my credit? Would it be a better idea to put the entire lease in my name and have the other party (with bad credit) just pay me?

Well there are many bad stories out there about co-signing with someone else.  Personally I would not do it.  But to answer your question how it would affect your credit score... There would be no difference.  Your will be just as responsible for the payment either way.  To protect yourself I would just put it in your name just so that you know that it is being paid for on time every month.  It's always up to you to protect your credit.