Contacted to be served to appear for a debt showed as transferred/closed $0 balance
I was contacted today by someone that has apparently been trying to serve me to appear in court on a debt I didn't think owed. I check my credit report every year around tax return to see if there is anything unpaid. I had a credit card over 5yrs ago that they are trying to collect over 3x's the amount on and on my report it showed that it had been closed, $0 balance, $0 past due. They stated an amount over $3000 but the last amount I show was for $1300. What can I do? I don't remember if it's something I had paid because it was from so long ago. Not to mention if I had it was through a bank account I no longer have (bank bought by another bank I disliked and changed banks).