Question

michaelnj

Contact original creditor for small medical bills in collections, or contact collection agency?
I have about 10 small medical bills that are in open collections that total about $500 or so. I am not sure how these slipped through the cracks, but they are from about two years ago and I was not responsible for my own billing at that time (my parents were).

I want these removed from my report. Am I better off going to the original creditor and trying to negotiate with them (they are a large medical group) or am I better off trying to negotiate a pay-per-delete agreement with the credit agency?