Question

rocker8916

Collections will fall off in 2 years pay or not? (job may be affected)
In 2010 I had a few accounts go into collection. (Bad judgement in trusting family members) I have since made my peace with that. In the last 5 yrs I have made paying current bills my priority. My score is up, I recently got a car loan, life is good. I was recently offered a job with a financial institution, understandably the collections accounts were concerning. I was given the opportunity to explain the blemishes and outline a plan for re-payment. However after pulling my reports I can see that many of these accounts are due to fall off by summer 2017 and one in 2018. Should I be paying the debts, but have them on my report for another 7 years or waiting it out and let fall off? I did inform my potential employer that I would be seeking credit counseling, but am concerned they may want to follow-up on my progress.

Hey if you know for sure your job is strick on these types of issues, I'd get rid of it asap.  Give these guys a call 1  877  235  0324 They can help.

First, paying them is NOT going to keep them on your reports for another seven years. I definitely would NOT contact them to enter into any type of payment arrangements. If you can afford to pay the account in full, then you may want to contact them and try to get a "pay for delete agreement". So do some research on that. If the employer just requires that they be paid, then I guess that you could go ahead and do that (as long as you can pay in full) even without a "pay for delete" but without it your scores will get dinged when you pay it as the accounts will update and cause damage if they have not updated in a while. Don't forget about "early exclusion" either as Transunion will sometimes remove negatives six months prior to the seven year mark and Equifax and Experian will sometimes remove negatives three months prior to the seven year mark. Unless it is a really great job, I would just let the stuff age off whether it disqualifies you for the job or not.