Question

Debilee1010

collections closed my account and didn't tell me
I have been paying $50 monthly for at least 3 yrs on $5,000. I went to pay my $50 and was told they closed my account. Gave me another collector they apparently sold it to?? Will I still have to pay this new collections tho I have no contract with them?

Most Helpful Response

Loans and collections can be sold to other lenders, without the applicants permission. If you check the fine print on your original loan documents; you'll find confirmation.

I am aware of that but apparently this can go on forever selling from one to another. So I assume again I have to negotiate another payment plan with this new collector?? Obviously if I could have paid it in full before I would have. I know some collections have scare tactics in order to get the money. Do I still have to respond to them now. They didn't send me a registered letter instead a letter thru regular mail. I could just say I never received their letter. Suggestions anyone??? What's my next more.