Question

VG71

closing out credit card accounts
I have 9 open credit cards I truly only use 3 I really want to know should I close some of these and if so how long does it take to regain a good credit score? I'm looking to purchase a home next year and I really need to know what I should do. I have read so many different articles regarding this and I'm so confused! PLEASE HELP!!!!

DO NOT CLOSE CARDS!!!

I suggesty re-reading the articles provided here since teaching about credit and how to improve yours is the purpose of this site. Your credit score is partially based on how much credit you have been granted.  If you close some of your cards, you are basically "shooting yourself in the foot" because you are cancelling some of the credit you have been granted. Until you have a better understanding of credit, you're not ready to buy a house because that would be one of the largest credit transactions one can ever undertake.  There are additional considerations to buying a home that you need to understand before taking on such a huge obligation.  Time to really do your homework!