Question

ElGovernor

Closing newish/unused credit card to improve Average Age?
All of my credit factors are green except for Age of Credit History (yellow), thanks to a store card that is one year old with a low credit limit. I did the math and if I close it my utilization would still under 10% and in theory my "Average Age" of open cards would also go up. Am I missing anything? How soon would my credit reflect this new average?

That won't work and will Actually hurt your score.  If you haven't already read the articles here,please make the time to do so.,

You've did the math, but you didn't do the reading. It just doesn't work this way. Leave the account open for now because you may cause harm to your credit by closing it. Keep in mind that while Vantage models may not factor in closed account to the "average age of accounts", FICO scoring does and FICO are the important scores.