Question

neurotoxin

Closed Credit Card Acct. still showing
I have a store credit card that I closed in 2003. It is now showing up on my report. I filed bankrupcy in 2012 and it wasn't on there then. It shows I have no balance but $1500 credit line. I called the company and they have no record of me. Why is this all of a sudden showing up and what do I do if the company shows no record of me? How do I get it off my report?

Most Helpful Response

Are you sure this is a bad thing?  I mean, it appears you have a line of credit you are not using, which most potential lenders would see as a good thing.  If  you really want it off your report, then I would write a letter to the company you spoke to and have them document they have no record of that account being in your name.  Then send a copy of their letter to the credit bureau(s) that are showing this account and tell them to delete it since it's not your account.