Question

stownsend24

closed accounts
I closed my best buy credit card and Victoria secrets credit card at least two years ago, yet it still shows on my credit. I called both companies and they confirmed that the accounts are closed. How can I have them removed from my history.

I paid of the auto loan from affinity federal credit union in March, yet it still shows on my credit. How can I have it removed.

Most Helpful Response

They're part of your history!!!

The Fair Credit Reporting Act (federal regulation) REQUIRES that all credit activities be reported for 7 years, after which they fall off the account.  No removing them before then is possible.  Without the reported credit history, you have zero chance of getting any further credit.