Question

Skykera

ck says my score from Equifax is at 524 but i just paid equifax n it is at 618? Which 1 is right?
Look my apartment complex checks it using equifax and i just need to know what score they are gonna get. I don't want to end up a homeless single mother with two kids. I get that they use different scoring models. But i need to know if my apartment complex checks it using equifax what score they are going to see. My score has to be over 525.

Most Helpful Response

You need to ask specifically what model of credit score is your lender/creditor uses ... Are they using FICO? which most likely they do, then which bureau and versions they are using, is it FICO8 or FICO5 or maybe FICO 8 Bankcard score? There are 49 different versions of FICO scores.

-

To make it even more confusing, You said you paid for Equifax's score, if you got it thru Equifax's site directly and not thru "MyFICO"? read the fine print on the bottom, It says it's score is based on their own scoring model, so it isn't FICO score, and it's just as useful as CK's scores, because no lenders/creditors are pulling your scores from CK. Any score isn't the "right" one, if your lender isn't using it.

-

Always find out exactly whatever the scores it is, there are just too many of them out there.