Question

cardmemberserviceunhelpful

Chase Card Notifies Credit Report Agencies of Claim Disagreement Dispute?
So after a three months or so dispute over a charge, Chase sided with the vendor against me. I sent a request for them to review their decision, asking if it was possible to appeal. I received a second notice by mail, confirming their decision, with the not so friendly warning that, I quote: "We have notified the credit reporting agencies that you disagree with our decision." What does that mean, and what are the consequences of this. I am not delinquent on the disputed charge, and I have excellent credit rating.

Most Helpful Response

You should be able to fix this easily by sending a letter to each credit bureau.  In the letter provide them with the name of the account and the account number as it shows on your report or statement.  Tell the bureau to remove any consumer statements or narratives, that you are not disputing this account.  Also provide them with a copy of your driver's license and social security card (it's OK, they already have this info, this just proves to them you are the consumer).  The remarks should be removed from your credit report within 30 days.  I've used this method many times and it has always worked.  Good luck!

Thank you for your answer. Question: when I send a letter to the credit bureaus, how do I address it?  I have PO Box adresses for each one. 

(PO Box 2000 for Trans Union) (PO Box 740123 for Equifax)  (PO Box 2002 for Experian)

Are these correct for this puspose?

Addison170

Yes, those addresses are fine (assuming you have the city, state and zip).