Question

AdPierre

Charged-off / closed accounts vs collections vs judgement
I have an account in collections, 1 judgement, and 2 accounts that are charged-off/closed. I would like to know the order of which accounts I should focus on paying first..

Thank you.

Most Helpful Response

You would need to contact each of the creditors to make arrangements for payments, you should not wait until they escalate. As a judgement reflects it went to court, that would indicate that actions could be requested/taken by that creditor which could result in immitediate payment in full and demand all of your current resource.  The collections should be a focus before they become judgements or are rereported to your credit report.  I would tend to the charged off items last as they are no longer reported on your report, although, the moment you begin payment, you restart the statute of limitiaonts and they can become active and can be reported it payment is not made as arranged.

AdPierre

thank you. 

You need to read the articles on this site (which is here to TEACH how credit works) so you can learn about the statute of limitations on collections and how to negotiate a 'pay for delete' agreement.  These are essential skills you can use for the rest of your life.  My score is excellent because of what I learned.