Question

bassmaestro

charged off accounts/open reporting missing payments
I have been rebuilding my credit for about a year and half with excellent ontime payments. I have also kept my balances low so my credit on credit karma had climbed to almost 700 ( both agencies) I ran my credit to check into a new car loan last week and when I opened creditkarma my score had fell 80 points on Equifax. It seems that an account that I had with Verizon that is open but charged off has now showed a late payment. I am worried that this is gonna keep happening month after month. I am not sure what to do. I was weary of paying it now ( about three years old ) because I was told I could not get it off my credit even if payed. If it is gonna show as a missed payment though every month I think it might be worth it to pay. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time

I would pay it off before it goes to collections. You might be able to report the miss payment and get it cleared with the creditors after the fact but it's best if you pay off your debts so it does not affect your score even more.

as far as your credit score dropping after running your credit, this typically happens when a hard " inquiry" credit check is ran.