Question

jimmyWca

Charge Off reported as "Bad Debt" not Discharged in CH7
Had an auto loan with NFCU. Car was repossessed 12/09. NFCU Charged Off and sold debt to collections agency 2/10. This debt was included in my CH7 bankruptcy 2/14. Both NFCU and the collections agency were included for the debt since both were reporting the debt. The Collection agency debt has vanished off my credit report but NFCU continues to report the debt as Collection/Charge-Off, with this in the comments, "Charged off as bad debt Purchased by another lender." No mention of bankruptcy discharge. I have tried to get Transunion to correct this to no avail. Is this worth going back to my bankruptcy lawyer over, or should I wait another year and let it drop off due to time?

That NFCU/collection account is part of your credit history and will continue to show on your credit report for at least 7 years.  Filing bankruptcy does not erase credit history.