Question

mardigrasque

CB removal after PIF?
Just wondering if you guys had any luck with disputing an item and getting it removed after paying in full.

The company absolutely refused to delete and they wouldn't settle, so I went ahead and paid the $242. I started with a 481 CS on November 1, 2015 and I'm now at 616. It isn't great but it's so much better. I am serious about clearing things up and I just got tired of seeing the collection reported every month on Equifax.

I actually had success with getting the aforementioned item removed from EXP and TU before PIF - the company didn't respond to the dispute. So, I'm hoping the same will happen with Equifax.

Anyone had success with this? If it doesn't work, will PIF at least bump up my Equifax score a little bit?

Paid doesn't really help.  It's the removal that really provides benefit.