Casino "promotion" gone wrong, new line of credit opened... PLEASE HELP!!!
I'll give you a little background before my question

Recently a line of credit was opened in my name from what might have been a casino promotion gone wrong. It was my understanding that I was going to get mail in a couple weeks with an option to open a line of credit or if I didn't want the credit, then I was to just do nothing.

I never received that piece of mail however now, a couple months later, I received an email alert from CreditKarma saying a new account had been opened.

I have good yet fairly new credit ( average age about a year) with no negative marks and generally keep my utilization under 30%. I have 2 credit cards issued from my bank, and I have 2 credit finance accounts I pay on time EVERY month.

This new credit line was opened for 1500 and I'm not quite sure how to handle it. I've gone as far as to inquire why and how it was opened to make sure this isn't an identity theft or a mistake (I've received no response yet as its the weekend) My credit score went down I think because this new card brought my average credit age to about 8 months.

IF it turns out this "promo" from the casino is why this line of credit was opened then I guess my question would be in my situation, should I ask to have the account closed? Should I just leave it alone and not use it until it gets closed by the credit issuer? Is there another course of action?

ALSO.. i never received the credit card in the mail, nor a letter saying that I was approved or had started a line of credit. Sorry for the length but I'm reallllly confused on how to act on this.