Question

Posted in Retirement

aspinwall35

Capital one for 439.00 is not my credit card at trans union
On my credit report there was a capital one credit card with amount of 439.00 at
trans union credit. I don't have a capital one credit card. I would like to know how to get that of my trans union credit report.

Since this one error is showing up,. why not check all three credit reports so any possible errors on them can be corrected?  We are strongly advised to do an annual credit check anyways.  Go to annualcreditreport.com and order all three credit reports,(they are free).  Check them for werrorts and file disputes on those errors with the credit bureau- reporting them. Simple and effective. 

Pull your report directly from Transunion and then dispute the information with them. Directions on how to do all of this will be posted on the Transunion's website. You may want to check Experian and Equifax as well to make sure it is not reporting on those as well.

File a dispute

on the website for the Credit bureau.

an estimated 25% of credit reports have wrong info on them.

Usually a typo somewhere along the line.

Get a free copy of your credit report at AnnualCreditReport dot com.  I suggest that you pull one report once every 4 months so that you can monitor changes on your reports all year. long.  All the info is cross reported so the info should be the same on all of them.  

good luck

Good advice EddyTX but I disagree that the information is cross reported. They are all separate companies and information on one has nothing to do with information on another. In my case, all 3 bureaus contain different information. Therefore I would advise anyone worried about their credit reports to check all 3, because just checking one would not be enough.