Question

shanscales

can't rebuild after domestic violence and lost everything to a fire
I can't be approved for credit card because score is low. It's a catch 22. I can't rent an apartment either. I'm paying off medical bills that 1/2 of them were caused by domestic violence and they don't seem to want to work with me regarding these. I have no credit cards because of prior BK, my cars were paid off and i've owned 2 homes. I just came into some hard times. The DV has caused me a lot of financial struggles as i was laid off when this occurred and i lost my home as well to a fire. Is there a company who is willing to work with you to clean up the credit and any possible information on rebuilding after surviving domestic violence and losing everything literally? I can't even provide a home for my children - they are living away from me so they are safe but i can't provide for them. I have a good job now and want to rebuild and just have a place to lay my head at night that is mine and where my children can come stay with me. Does anyone have any advice on how to rebuild from domestic violence loss? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

as far rebuilding your credit your in a good position for a Secured Credit card since you have a job and debt to income ratio is extremely low I would suggest Capital one they are very easy to get a card from or if you don't want to do a secured credit card since you have a job save up $1,000 put it in a bank account then apply for a cash secured loan it will frezze up $1,000 for 6-12 months but it will build credit if you take the $1000 the bank gives you put it in a brand new seperate checking account its important to keep it seperate from your regular checking account not even linked to other accounts so you cant accidently spend it and put an extra $60 in there to cover interest and you can pay if off as soon as 6 months if you want and get a free check account were you dont need a minimum balance most banks have them....once you do that for $1000 you will be able to get a regular low tier CC just make sure you have the spare $1000 to tie up for 6-12 months

and i forgot...set it up to were the bank does an auto payment out of the new checking account so you dont have to remember it every month