Question

Lalalovelyjen

Can you send a pay to delete letter and still pay monthly
I am very confused and just don't get it. Right now, I am paying a 2 yr. old, large debt bi-weekly. After reading a lot of answers on here, I realize that I probably should not be paying it. I also realize that paying it off doesn't necessarily help my credit. I learned about the Pay to Delete letter. My question is, with the letter, do you have to negotiate a settlement or can I request a deletion after paying bi-weekly?

I talked to a girl who said that the best thing I can do is make a settlement. I don't have money to make a settlement. I'm living off of paycheck by paycheck right now. So she said to make payments until it's low enough for me to make a settlement. Should I send a Pay to Delete letter when that happens? I really need help.

Usually "pay for delete agreeements" can only be obtained by offering to pay the account in full and right away for the deletion of it on your credit reports. I assume that you will probably not get one if you are not in the position to pay it all off at once. You can always try to negotiate a deletion though. Yes, you could just stop paying, BUT will they then take you to court for the debt? I am not sure what to advise here, all I can do is suggest that you continue to read as much as you can on the subject, do some reading on the FDCPA (fair debt collection practices act), consult with an attorney or professional credit counseler to make sure that the debt collector is treating you fairly. Debt collection companies are not to be trusted and often employ illegal tactics to get money out of people.