Can you open a new credit card to transfer a balance off of someone else's credit card?
My wife and I hope to purchase a new house this year. It will be in her name. I own my own business and do not show an income. Plus, my credit is not that great, and I'm working on improving it. We need to lower her debt to income ratio for her to be albe to qualify for the house we'd like to own. We have credit card with a big balance on it. It's in her name, but my business pays it. It can't be excluded because she is on the business banking account. So, I was wondering if it was possible for me to open a card and transfer some of the balance to my new card in order to lower her DTI ratio?