Question

Oium0323

Can the same debt be on my credit report under two different collection agencies?
the original creditor is not even on my report.

Most Helpful Response

usually its one collection agency and the original creditor.. likely a previous collection agency forgot to remove it when they sold the debt.  dispute it. 

Good Question

First, I  would dispute the accounts with the bureaus. Be creative! I would say something like....I don't remember these acconts being mine. Secondly, If that doesn't work, I would write the collection agencies and ask them to send proof. Under FCRA the Credit bureaus have to report 100 percent accurate information. If not, the accounts have to be deleted! I hope this helps!