Question

jquesada74

Can my payment history be changed if I start a payment plan with a collection agency?
I defaulted on a loan and was sent to collection agency. I started a monthly payment plan and are current with that plan. Can my credit report reflect that I'm current?

Most Helpful Response

No, it cannot, because technically you are not current. Be extremely careful with payment plans, because if you miss a payment it can restart the statute of limitations for them to sue you (it won't restart the credit reporting time period though). Do your best to get this debt knocked out as fast as you can as many times, collection companies will charge an extreme amount of interest and fees for payment plans. In my opinion, payment plans with debt collectors should always be avoided.