Question

averydexter

can i request a company to remove a collections acct if I agree to settle debt?
I have paid several ACCTS off in full... Yet they are on my report still. Is there anything I can do to have them removed? I'm 24 and trying to fix mistakes I made as a kid. Please help!!

Yes you can request it, but doesn't mean they have to do it.  They are allowed to stay on your report 7 years from date you paid it off, unless you got a signed agreement from them stating they would remove the account once paid (called a Pay Per Delete agreement).   At least these accounts aren't hurting you as much as they were when they were unpaid, and the older they get the less damage they cause.  Try building up more good credit to improve your score instead of focusing on these old collection accounts.  Best of luck!