Question

sxienxepro

can I remove 2 records that were my daughter's fiscal responsibility, wi/ me being cosigner?
4+ years ago, I stupidly helped my daughter by co-signing her auto loan and, to reduce her APR, a second mortgage? Both are long gone: car repo'd and condo Signed over with a Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure. What can I!!!! do to excise those horrible items - the rest of my credit records are pristine!

Most Helpful Response

The unfortunate trouble with co-signing

Is that, when you do so, you are agreeing to take on responsibility for the loan should the borrower (your daughter) fail to keep their obligations.  Virtually, YOU are guaranteeing the loan. 

If you apply for any credit in the near future, you may wish to let the potential creditor know that these two adverse items will show up on your credit report, and why, and ask them to consider only your items and the good payment record shown.  They just might since you are being up front with them.

And do check all three credit reports annually for your benefit.