Question

crystallandi

Can I get a discharged judgment removed from my credit report?
I have 2 judgments that were discharged by bankruptcy almost 4 years ago. Even though they're reported as discharged on my credit report, I would like to know if I can go s step further and get them removed sooner than the scheduled fall off date somehow?

Most Helpful Response

Sorry, no.

A judgement is a legal action that will remain on your credit report for up to 7 years as required under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, which is a federal regulation.  It cannot be removed before then.