Question

Danielle037

Can I fix my credit score?
I wen't over on 1 of my charge cards by .48 cents last month. Not only did the credit card company allow the overage, they then reported the overage to all 3 credit bureaus! I was never notified and once I realized through my credit monitoring service that I had a change to my credit report, I promptly made an $800.00 payment. I have NEVER paid late nor went over my limit ever before but Chase automatically issues the report to the credit bureaus. My credit has taken a significant hit because of this! Can I appeal this in writing to each of the 3 bureaus or am I facing all my financial hard work for the past 5 years being G-O-N-E?

Most Helpful Response

I do not believe over the limit would be negative factor in your credit profile, unlike late payment. Your score dropped most likely caused by high utilizations.

-

You said it's a charge card? I am not aware Chase issues charge cards, either way, credit card companies granting over limit charge all the time, not just for 48 cents, some times 4~5 hundreds over. Some credit card might classified as Flexible Spending Accounts, which allows holder to go over the limit all the time without over limit fees. It's just me talking here, I do think you will be fine, your score will recover once you pay the balance down or when it update next time.

We all make mistakes and have to live with the consequences of our actions.  Just resolve to keep your usage at or below 10% at all times on all cards and make the payments on time.  Such a consistent history from now on will be very positively reflected on your credit reports.