Question

kimberly1515

Can I dispute a loan in collections while the credit repair specialist is helping my score?
Okay. I have a student loan that is years old in the amount of 2200.00 if I pay it in full they told me we could settle at $1700.00. This is something I planned on doing asap. The more research I do. I'm reading that I could dispute this and possibly have it removed. I am also reading not to pay it off unless I negotiate a "promise" to remove it from my credit report or to put "paid in full" I'm not sure what to do. I want paying this to improve my score obviously. What would be the idealistic thing to do? PLEASE HELP. And if I should dispute this by maybe signing up with dispute.transunion.com is that okay to do myself even though I have a credit repair specialist currently working with my credit. Which by the way. She told me I should pay this in full and gave me zero advice on if I should negotiate a "promise to remove" with the collection agency.

Thank you in advance. And my apologies for such a lengthy post/question

Do not dispute.  Carefully research.  You want to negotiate a pay-for-delete, if possible.