Question

Seritamdavis

Can collection agency remove negative collection from my report? The
Spoke with collection agency and they said they will send a letter by email today or tomorrow stating they will remove the account from my credit report when I pay the settlement offer. Do they have the ability to do that? I also spoke with the original creditor and they said I could pay them or the collection agency it didn't matter. Once I mentioned it being removed from my credit report, he said I had to talk with the collection agency,

Most Helpful Response

I recommend not paying until AFTER you get the letter from the collection agency.  That way you have proof of the agreement. They can and should remove the account after the payment is made.