Question

aratliff33

Can child support arrears disqualify me for a hm loan? My kids are grown and live with me.
I have taken all of the necessary steps to rebuild my credit except for child support arrears in collections. My kids are grown and my daughter and grandson live me with me. The child support is to my mother but Im not a dead beat parent. I supported my children and the legal forms showed up later on down the road. Any help would be great.

Back child support will kill your credit

You haven't provided all of the details, so I don't know all the details about where, why, or how much you owe, but it's really not relevant.  If it's on your credit report, you have to get it resolved.  In many states, if child support isn't paid the state will pick up the slack and pay for you.  At this point the state will chase you for the child support.  They state won't let up, ever.

You need to contact the state and find out what you owe and how you can settle it if you want your credit to be on the mend.