Question

ConcernedWithBuyingMyFirstCar

Can both Wells Fargo and Midland Credit Management effect my credit score?
In 2013 I applied and was approved for a student credit card with Wells Fargo. I was young and let it get away from me and the account charged off at $1559.91. Since then it has gone to collections and I settled with Midland to make payments of $50 each month until I have payed the balance of $545.97, agreed upon between Midland and myself. I have since made six payments to Midland, the balance left being 245.97. My question is this; Can Midland Funding and Wells Fargo both effect my credit since it is the same debt?

If both creditors are reporting a bad debt; then you can write the credit bureaus a dispute letter saying that you are being penalized for the same debt (duplicate). Look at the payment histoy. I think that WF is reflecting the history of payments made before your account went to collections. Then Midland picked up where WF left off. If this is not the case; then simply write the letter to have one of your creditors removed....