Question

Taymac1

Can a credit card help my credit and how can I apply

It can and, if you have never had one before, you need to start with a secured card where you deposit a few hundred dollars with the card issuer and that is your initial credit limit.  I also advise looking through the articles on this site to learn how credit works and how to build your credit score since providing that education is the purpose of Credit Karma.  I learned more here than in the classes on business and accounting that I took in college.

Yes it can, but if you don't know how to apply for one you are not ready to get one. You need to do plenty of reading first on how to build credit and use it properly to your benefit. Don't skip the research, there is a lot to know when it comes to credit. Your future with credit is at stake, so please study.