Question

Ihatechase

can a credit card company report me when i am disputing interest charges?
I paid off my credit card to avoid finance charges and the company conveniently applied my payment 1 day after it was due. The check was sent 9 days prior to due date. I am disputing this and have requested records but they has reported me as being late. My credit score dropped from 800 to 702!!!! Whats the best way to handle this?

I don't think you can do anything else. It's possible the postal service didn't get your envelope there in time. In the future, it might be a good idea to set up online payments.  Chase makes it very easy to set alerts up. The alerts can be sent to your email address and/or text message.