Question

Fyreheart

Can a company that bought a mortgage after it was dismissed in bankruptcy add it to my credit report
I filed bankruptcy in April 2013, I included my house on it and it was dismissed with everything else. The bankruptcy was discharged in Aug 2013. While waiting for the the mortgage company (Citi) to work with us about a deed in lieu or to foreclose, they transferred the mortgage to another company(Fay Servicing) in Dec 2013. January Fay added the mortgage to my credit report. So now I have the mortgage twice on my report as discharged through bankruptcy. Can Fay really add it to my credit report even though they became involved well after the discharge?

Yes, they bought the rights to your bad debt. What you can do is have old account removed, if it shows the same info. Duplicate accounts. Write your credit bureaus reporting the debts.

Check when/if mortgage changes lenders

I understand where you are coming from.  My late husband and I filed chapter 7 back in  May 2008(the bankruptcy was discharged Dec 2008) neither our house nor the car i was paying on was included. When Chase sold our mortgage to another company (in 2010); the new company put it on my credit that it was included which it was not and I have had nothing but problems with my credit since the new mortgage company did this.