Question

emcphearson

by how much does your credit score change by paying off a colection?
I only had two accounts in collections and I recently paid them both off. I know it takes up to 60 days for them to change on your account, but I was trying to see by how much could it change my score which is now a D.

Most Helpful Response

It'll help to have them paid off, they won't completely fall off your report for 7 years from date of payment. Make sure that in 2 months you get a copy of your credit report and it says paid as agreed or something similar. Question is, how is the rest of your credit? low utilization, longer history. The late payments will hurt really bad for about 24 months from missed payment.