Question

Velvetnews

Buying car before Bankruptcy discharged?
I live in Georgia. My current car payment is extremely high and I have a high trade in value. Is it a bad idea to shop for a new car with lower payments before my bankruptcy is discharged? Is it against the rules to do so?

Most Helpful Response

It is against the rules if you do not ask your lawyer. Ask for permission to incur debt. Also your lawyer should have a list of dealers that are willing to work with people in Bk. Doing so on your own can cause you to be discharged from your Bk which can cause creditors to garnish your wages. I live in Ga also... Savannah area, and I done the same thing a few years ago.