BK7 discharged in 2012. Anyway to still get credit on mort payments?
Hello All...I have been paying on mortgages since 2003 with excellent payment history. Long story short got financially screwed over by someone and had to file BK7 in 2012 and it was discharged in 2012. My question is, I've always paid my mortgage payments on time and have heard that there isn't a way to have those payments reported to credit bureaus as they no longer show as a debt. I pay 5 mortgages and would love to receive credit on them. I did not reaffirm the debt as recommended by my BK atty. He said it made no sense to put myself at risk by reaffirming. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on this? Thank you!