Question

volgirl

Best place to get used car loan?
We found a used car that we like at a small out of the way dealer. We would need a loan of $8,000. Both hubby and I have credit of fair to good. His is like 606 and mine is 707, but I currently am a stay at home mom, no income for me. Where could I get a loan and one that can be used anywhere, not at just certain dealers? I noticed that some require you to go to only the dealers on their approved list. Thanks for any help!

those credit scores that you provided, are they an auto version of FICO scores or at least general FICO scores? That is what most lenders use. No income means no loan, so you will need to find employment. The best thing that you can do if your credit isn't great and you have unverifable income is to look for an auto dealership that does financing and advertises to work with all credit and income situations.

volgirl

Thanks for your reply.  My cs is what CK is giving me and my hubby's is from a credit update he gets every month or so.  We would use my husband's income on the loan app.  I guess I just wanted to know if it would help if I signed on the loan also or would it make no difference.  And, where the best place to get a used car loan would be.