Question

meeshellee

Being Sued, will this affect my credit?
I am being sued for rear-ending someone. The damage to both vehicles was very minor, but the other party is claiming he was injured and he will probably be awarded some $$ to prevent the case from going to trial and to minimize the expenses. I have plenty of insurance coverage to cover the damages he's claiming. Will this lawsuit affect my credit score if it's settled before it goes to trial?

Unless there is a judgment filed against you, it shouldn't affect your credit.  Only things that show up on your credit report affect your credit score, so a couple months after you settle the lawsuit, go to www.annualcreditreport.com and pull a copy of your credit report.  See if it shows up there.  If you have an attorney representing you (or the insurance company's attorney), I would ask them this question as well, since it's not my area of expertise.  Best of luck!