Question

toomuchcredit

Being declined for too much credit available.
Hello! I have about 13 credit cards, including one Visa that has a $75,000 limit. I got it increased to pay for wedding expenses a few years ago. My parents also have a Platinum Amex with no limit, and they added me as a cardholder when I was away at school as an "emergency" card. It technically has no limit. I have other expenses now and would like to get a 0% interest card with 1 year financing, but I generally get declined. I have no debt. I pay all my credit cards off each month. I have opened so many to get the discount on opening the account and then rarely, if ever, use them. The Visa (with the high limit) gets used the most, but, again, I pay it off every month. What can I do? Should I try to have the Visa limit lowered? Should I have my parents' card closed? Should I close some of the accounts I don't use? Although, most companies close them out eventually. Any advice would be most appreciated!

If your paying off the cards each month

Do you really need more credit?  That's what the card co's are asking themselves. 

You can have your parents take you off their card. No need to close the account. 

If you have been denied for any card don't apply again for at least 6 months. Creditors will see the denial and automatically decide not to open any new accounts.