Question

DrayaF

Bank reported my paid charge off..twice!
Sorry. I put this under banking the first time by mistake.

I know other people have had questions regarding credit collection agencies and the original creditor, but my problem is that the original creditor reported twice.

I had a bank credit card (which I closed and paid in 2009. No. I don't have the receipt from paying it)
... Basically, They over charged me and i paid $275 of the $300 ( less the $25 late fee that they "waved"). Well..... Instead of the bank closing it as i asked, they kept it open...kept charging me late fees up until $550! Then charged it off.

It even says in the notes here "account closed by consumer, paid, charge off"

Sick of arguing with them about that but my problem is they reported it FIRST in 2009.then they reported it AGAIN in march of 2015!

Is there anything i can do about this? I've tried going through the banks customer service and credit department and they say they dont even see it reported.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Was the Bank reporting it as open in 2015 or it's the collection agency? Bank usually reports "charge-offs" then it either mostly likely being sold to collection agency or less likely it was transferred to collection agency, and that collection agency would report it again as collection account... However the Date Of First Delinquency  (length of time it can be included in your reports) dose NOT go by when the collection was open as collections can change hand often.... If it was charged off back in 2009? Then the DOFD should be very close or cloud already past.

DrayaF

Enter Your Reply

It was the bank that reported it twice, not a creditor. in other words, they reported it in 2011 and then the same thing in 2015. I also have two credit cards as being reported by them. I only had one EVER with this bank. 

I closed my account. According to credit Karma, what it looks like is that they did close my account correctly and reported it no missed payments closed at customer request. Then they reported it again that I OPENED a new account 28 days later and missed 7 months of payments in a row and it was a charge off.

that one that was a charge off is what they reported twice. I know it's confusing, but I think they made a mistake and reopened my account. And ... since I dont have proof of my last payment where they waved the $25 late fee, it looks like I owed them $550.

NO ONE at this bank can help me. So I'm hoping since they reported the charge off twice that they can't report it again. Also, it says "paid" so I'm assuming they can't sell it to a debt collector anyway, I hope.