Question

HardPull

Bank of America Credit Line Increase - Too Early?
Hi, I had a Bank of America Secured Credit Card ($500 limit) graduated to a Bank of America Travel Rewards Card with $2,200 credit line increase. Each month, I make sure to only charge 7% on it, then pay in full. I'd like to request a credit line increase as I want to increase my credit score as fast as I can. But I don't want a hard pull on my account. 1) is it too early to request a credit line increase? 2) what amount should I request to avoid a Hard Pull? Or should I just wait till they automatically increase my credit line? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Most Helpful Response

If it has been six months since your last increase, then you may be safe to go ahead and ask.

If you request a credit limit increase they should not do a hard pull without telling you (either on the page you are requesting or by following up with you).  If you want to be sure you can always call customer service and requset it with the stipulation that you do not want another hard pull on your credit.

Oh, and by the way, the graduation from a Secured Card to a Travel Rewards card happened in November 2016.