Question

LearnedMyLessonNJ

Bad credit past, but trying to move forward.
TD Auto Finance (formerly Chrysler Financial) claims they won't work with me because of the age of a charge-off and the mortgage broker can't move forward because the charge-off is listing a balance. According to TD AF, the only way to settle is if I pay $10k of a $18k balance in a lump sum which is not even remotely possible for me to do. All I want to do is keep my family in the home they are comfortable in. Any suggestions?

Look for a more lenient mortgage lender, or accept that you will just have to wait a while before home ownership. If you have to leave your home, remember it is not the end of the world even if it feels like it, you will be ok and get through this.