Question

lightyears

Auto loan with little credit history?
23 y/o, graduated college 2 years ago. Current credit score is 747. Annual income of $45,000. Utilization below 30%, 3 open accounts in good standing (1 credit card, 2 student loans). Most marks are excellent.

Only bad/red marks I see on here are "age of credit" (mine is avg 4yrs, 2 months, rated as poor) and "total accounts" (have 3 revolving acct, 1 of them is a credit card).

Applied for Capital One Auto and got denied due to "insufficient credit history." I want to note that I also did start a new job 4 months ago.

QUESTIONS:
- What can I do to lengthen my credit history besides keep my accounts open and in good standing?
- Should I apply for another credit card that I am pre-approved for so that I have another revolving account?
- When should I try to apply for the auto loan again (when I am 6 months at my job?)