Question

kurdtch

Auto Insurance Credit Score
How come even though my FICO credit score keeps rising, my auto insurance score continues to decline? I'm not late with any of my payments, I'm current on everything, I haven't made any claims since last year, and my driving record is super clean? Last year it was up to 840 and now it's at it's lowest point, 731. I'm confused as to why it keeps dropping when I've done nothing but good over the past two years.

VantageScore

My score falls in very different national percentiles for the VantageScore and the TransRisk score. Why is that?

The TransRisk score is based on a more classic credit scoring model that primarily weighs payment history, debts, length of credit history, number of recent credit inquiries, and mix of credit usage to calculate your credit score.
The VantageScore is based on the next-generation scoring model developed to help better assess consumers' creditworthiness. The VantageScore model primarily weighs your payment history, credit utilization, outstanding balances, length of credit history, recent credit, and available credit to calculate your credit score.

The difference in these different factors being weighed can lead to large differences in the two credit scores. Additionally, the VantageScore can score a wider range of consumers than TransRisk because it puts more weight on recent credit history rather than age of credit, which will have an impact on the number of scores feeding into the national averages calculation.