Question

HeatherDawn80

Authorized User
I have been an authorized user for almost 2 years on my room mates credit card and now the account is closed with a balance due of course. My question is, how do I go about removing myself as a authorized user and is it even possible? When and if I am removed is it still going to show up on my credit report still?

Just a guess, but I would think since the account is closed it's too late to remove yourself as an authorized user. I'm quite sure it will show up on your credit report--I had a number of derogatory remarks on my report years ago when my ex husband decided he wasn't going to pay bills anymore. On quite a few of the accounts he was the primary account holder and I was listed as an authorized user. 

Contact the credit bureaus and tell them that you are no longer an authorized user on the card and would like it removed from your reports. Transunion, Equifax and Experian all have websites with contact info.