Question

LadyJayne2310

Are there reputable Credit Repair Companies out there to improve my credit score for me?
I have 28 hard credit inquiries currently on my account after trying to get a new car last year in the summer and winter. I did not know they were hard credit inquiries at the time I authorized them; I did not know much about credit scores/hard vs soft inquiries. Now that my score has dropped so much, I have been trying to remove these hard credit inquiries by writing letters. Would it be worth it to have a Credit Repair Company take over for me to try to help improve my credit score? Are there reputable companies out there that are not too expensive or just scammers? Any help would be appreciated thank you!

Most Helpful Response

So many inquiries to get a car indicate there was a credit problem when you applied since the inquiries are made to help determine the interest rate you will be paying. So-called credit repair companies that are reputable are a rare breed. Frankly, doing the repair yourself is better so that you know what will work and how to improve your credit yourself, and keep it that way.  It just doesn't make sense to be paying someone to do something you can do yourself.  If you have read the articles on credit here and utilized the financial tools, you will find the correct way to clear things up.  I did and recently purchased a new car, which was something that would have been impossible ten years ago.  There are no quick fixes, by the way, and anyone who promises there is lies, pure and simple.