Question

SonnyHoney54

Are banks sending out preapproved offers to people any more?
I have been with CK for over a year. My score has been in the low 700’s to the high 600’s with CK. (my advantage score is 748) No banks are sending me offers to apply for credit through the mail. My Experian scores have been in the upper 700’s out of 850. What type of credit report does a person need to have to receive offers directly from the banks?

Most Helpful Response

Pre-Approved & Pre-Selected

Just going thru the 100's of Offers that my wife and I have received over the past 18 months or so.   Hold on to take a Big Picture one day.  And Yes there are still some Pre-Approved even if on the low end.  Most are Pre-Selected  ( not sure what that really means ) so they see something useful in our Credit report.

So the answer to your question is Yes they are.

As to the type of Credit Report,  would say your FICO's ( not your CK ) Scores need to be above 750.   I have no clue what my FICO's are as I don't really care. ( Credit Scores are a Game for me )  

CK Score - 762
CK Vantage - 870

Credit Sesame - 805

Quizzle - 751 ( over 5 months old as they only update every 6 months )

Credit History takes time, so does your Credit Score.

Pay your CC Total Balance off each month and you don't need to worry about what the APR is on it. 

SonnyHoney54

Thank you very much for your responds.  You say you have gotten 100’s of offers. (WOW)  In the last couple of months my wife has gotten a weekly “prescreen” offer from Discover.  My scores are about 75 points higher than hers but no offers for me.   Yesterday I called Transunion and found out that I was on their opt-out list.  After passing a set of questions I was removed from the list.  So now I can expect the offers to be rolling in….. Happy Days!

Credit Sesame - 782 as of 12/3/2013                                                                                                                                Credit.com    -   794 as of 12/5/2013                                                                                                                                                Credit.com - Vantage Score 3.0 - 789                                                                                                                                  Quizzle   - 794 as of 12/01/2013                                                                                                     MyFico - 794   as of 5/1/2013                                                                                                                CK Vantage - 748 as of 12/20/2013                                                                                                                                        CK TU Score 696   (my TU credit history is much shorter than my Experian & Equifax credit history)

I guess you can say that the opt-out program with the credit reporting agencies real works.  I just did not know that I was on one.   I will be checking with Equifax and Experian next week to see if I am on their opt-out list.

You spoke of Pre-Approved and Pre-Selected.  My wife’s Discover offer said it was “Prescreen”.  This would be a good question to ask the community.  Do you have any insight?   The offers you spoke about…. are they coming to you, to your wife or are they address to the both of you?   Merry Christmas!