Question

ianbrie

applying for credit cards killed my credit score
Credit Karma recommended I apply for particular credit cards to help build my credit. I was encouraged by the fact Credit Karma said I had a "good" chance to get approved. I was declined by both credit cards. My credit score went from the upper 600's to 598 because of Credit Karma. If they wouldn't have recommended these cards my credit score would have been going along well but now I have to start all over. Don't fall for any of their recommendations.

Advertisers pay for CK, and a different scoring system is used.

You should always go to the lenders'website and see if you're pre-approved for a card you're interested in.