Question

Phobbsiii

Apply or wait? 597/598 score
I have been working on rebuilding my credit since June of last year. 4 years ago I acquired a capital one student card and defaulted on it (it recently changed it status as Purchased by another lender).
In the last few months my score has gone from ~550 to 598. I have been approved and sent in my deposit for the capital one secured card and have been preapproved for both the quicksilver and platinum cards which are also through capital one. I currently have 3 inquiries on my account. Should I apply for them now or wait? (All inquiries still have at least a year and half before they will be removed).

CK also states that I have a "good" chance of getting the cards.

I would wait. Preapproved offers does not mean guaranteed. It's just a computer program that does some math and calculates your odds, but a different program will be the one that approves you. Personally, I would wait until at least one of those inquiries falls off so you are down to two and your score is up in the 620-640 range. It would suck to apply prematurely, get denied, and suffer a hard inquiry on your credit report for 2 years without anything to show for it.